My favourites books

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

week 6 - tagging, delicious and librarything

  • Write a blog post of at least 100 words on your thoughts of tagging and Delicious



  • What are my thoughts - well it's another username and password added to my long collection, I think it up to five or is it number six, I have lost count! there are only two pc that I use work one and my laptop (this one comes with me when I travel, so no need to use delicious or tagging to get the website I want! only use that I can see are for those who is constantly on the move and have no base pc to which they call their own! So far I have spent more time surfing the Internet, than I would normally in week, hours wise adding up to 10 hours of which I could be doing something else!



  • Write a blog post of at least 100 words on your thoughts of Librarything



  • After taking the tour I have come to the conclusion that this is an online bookclub where liked minded individuals get together and discuss the books they love, interaction is through the computer screen. This form of conversation is not for all, it excludes people who have no access to technology, and those who can not afford the Internet connection. It's alright for us to say spread the word, be up to speed on all this technology but for the common people I am sure would have not heard of half these tool that we use! Educate and spread the word about the tools in our library like the book "Who else write like...?" would come in handy to our regular patron! I know I am only thinking of our patron, not all are computer literate.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment