My favourites books

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Week 7 - facebook, twitter

Facebook
I must be of the old school generation! I enjoy face to face conversation with someone and if old fashion phone, although with my own personal facebook, I keep in contact with friends and family overseas. I am very careful with my personal information on this site as it is very open for one and all. If you have an account you can go on and search for anyone - information on here is not very safe or SECURE!
People who are part of this site do not realise the potential risk they put themselves into and that of their friends and family.

you can find via crazieuser@gmail.com
and my alias: Joanne Oscar
for those who have not guessed who I am, I work at BLJ library intial KN

Twitter @crazieuser (this in my username)

Twitter to me is not relevant in the whole scheme things, each to their own taste and preferences! For me it is a complete waste of time! Who cares what someone else is doing!  This is my personal opinion so please do not take offense as I find this form of communication very impersonal and no connection to person down the other end who are reading the tweets.
If you following people you don’t know online - I classified this as stalking – my own personally opinion; I don’t know how everyone else feels about this, feel free to drop me a line or two and tell me your thoughts on this subject.

5 comments:

  1. Having done the lesson on Facebook and Twitter, I have the same wavelength as yours...they are not my cup of tea because I prefer the personal touch of face-to-face actual connection and not via such "artificial" tweets, or pasting faces all over the Internet etc for personal security in the "erosion of the world" on the cyberspace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also not bothered with twitter, but do have facebook to keep up with family overseas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes there is a down side to all technology, I use Facebook to keep in touch with friends who don't live in this state. I also keep a watch over my children's Facebook activity by have them as friends. I have used Twitter in a previous job but it doesn't do it for me, but I am sure it woks for some.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd rather play with my cat than twitter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use facebook for remote family, friends and selected persons who share a common hobby, with security cranked up, and am vary wary of online stalking. I have been a user of online chat and forums for about 10yrs and have seen how this can go horribly wrong.

    ps i also prefer playing with the cats than twitter

    ReplyDelete